Hey y’all, it’s time for me to start a blog about some fitness things. If you’re reading this, you probably know me and are my mom. If you don’t and aren’t, here’s the short version of why I’m starting this blog. As a way to turn this back story into advice, I’ll list the history as steps that you can follow to do what I did and eventually start your own free WordPress blog. Just like me!
- Step 1: Be fat for like, most if not all of your life.
- Step 2: Suddenly decide this is bullshit and start fitnessing.
- Step 3: Lose so much weight so fast.
- Step 4: Be confused and search for a realistic way to incorporate fitnessing into actual life (in New York City, the Land of Cocktails and Truffle Fries.)
This blog begins at Step 4. The plan is basically to share:
- some thoughts and tips on being healthy, in a realistic and also somewhat neurotic sometimes way
- stuff that works for me
- stuff that doesn’t
- workouts I love
- recipes that taste like real food
- other thoughts on the countless advice I’ve gotten on nutrition and physical fitness
Also, this will all be from a newbie POV, and in the layman-est of terms (NOT lame-est, c’mon). So, come back anytime, no matter what your fitness level; you’ll find some useful stuff here. Anyway. Have a good day, Mom. I’ll call you tomorrow.