So, we all know how important I think it is to exercise, and maybe I do it a little too much, but whatever, 12 hours a week is NOT EVEN A PART TIME JOB, so it’s fine. However, I am aware that some people are not actually THAT into working out, even though they are maybe open to the IDEA of it. They, in fact, maybe, do not work out regularly at all. In an effort to convert those people, I have devised this very series, on which I would love their / your feedback.
The idea behind Workouts for People Who Don’t Workout is that all you have to do is wake up 30 minutes before you normally would, and you can basically roll out of bed and do this challenging yet unoffensive workout. The feedback I would like is whether this is unoffensive enough that when your alarm goes off 30 minutes earlier than you’re used to, you’re willing to get out of bed to do this. So, would you get out of bed for this?
WPWDW Level 1:
- 10 walkouts (stand, bend down and put your hand on the ground in front of you, walk your hands out til you’re in a plank, then walk them back in and stand)
- 20 stationary lunges, left leg in front
- 20 stationary lunges, right leg in front
- 20 chest pushups (on your knees, arms wide, going so low down that you turn your head to the side because your cheek touches–it’s not that tough, remember you’re on your knees)
- 20 tricep dips on a chair or step
- 20 slow squats
- 20 high knees (a run in place, bringing your knee to hip level. doing left knee then right knee counts as one)
- 20 crunches
- 20 leg raises (lay down, hands behind head, feet 6in off the ground, slowwwwwly raise them to 90 degrees on your exhale, and then back to 6 inches off the ground on inhale)
- take a 1 minute break
- repeat sequence 2 more times (3 rounds total)
So, People Who Don’t Workout, (or Don’t Workout Often Enough Because There’s No Time), would you get out of bed for this? If so, do it! Try doing it two or three times a week for just one week, and see if it makes you feel more awesome. If it does, then do it again the next week.
If you would NOT get out of bed for this, tell me why in the comments. Too hard? Too easy? Too long? You don’t have stairs or a chair? Your apartment isn’t big enough for you to lay down? Just tell me stuff, and I’ll make newer, more useful ones.