Workouts For People Who Don’t Workout: Vol 2
This is the second post in an ongoing series aimed to get People Who Don’t Workout to do some working out. All of these workouts take 25 – 30 minutes and require no equipment. All you have to do is get out of bed. You can do that. You do it, like, everyday.
This one is a little harder than Volume 1, so if you’ve been doing Volume 1, you’re ready to go just a little bit harder (it’s not too crazy, just a natural progression from what you’ve tried already).
WPWDW Level 2:
- 10 walkouts (stand, bend down and put your hand on the ground in front of you, walk your hands out til you’re in a plank, then walk them back in and stand)
- 20 reverse lunges with a hop (stand, step one leg back into a lunge, then bring that same leg forward and do a hop, bringing your knee into your chest, then step that leg back into a lunge again)
- 20 reverse lunges with a hop, opposite leg
- 20 elevated pushups (hands elevated on a chair or steps, legs out, keep your body at a straight line as you lower into a pushup)
- 20 tricep dips on a chair
- 20 squats
- 20 jump squats (squat, then jump up, then land with soft knees into the squat again)
- 1-minute plank
- 20 double crunches (feet on the ground, knees at 90 degrees, hands behind your head, crunch your elbows and knees up to touch each other, keeping knees apart, and exhale completely, then lower on your inhale)
- take a 1 minute break
- Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 rounds
See? A nice, low-impact, minimal time workout to start your day. All you had to do was get up 30 minutes earlier than usual. This is also great for if you’re on vacation and want to take it easy but not miss working out completely, since you’ll be eating your body weight in catfish po’boys and crawfish monica. Super portable, easy to do in a shitty hotel room. JUST TRY IT YOU GUYS.